 Pirates / 2681
  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I think the end of May was mentioned as the time they would announce the winner. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Hello to all pirate fans, I am not a senior Lego collector and missed the good old days where the pirate sets are available. Therefore I can only buy them in ebay. It seems most of the pirate fans like the 6285. But personally I like the 6286 more (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Same here. I am not senior, nor particularly wealthy. I have to make do with a couple of the re-released Armada Flagships and That Islander One (tm). (...) To me, as a builder (keeping in mind I don't own either of them), they're worth about (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Both are great ships - I doubt if anyone faults someone for prefering one over the other. It all depends on what you are looking for. I like the wheeled guns of 6285, but someone else might like the pivoting guns play value instead. I prefer (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Hi Michael, just like you, I also bought The Islander one and 6286 Red Beard Runner. Though I have not yet bough the Armada Flagship but I will buy it. The Spaniards mini-fig is that set is a quite different to those of the Imperial Guards (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Bruce, I think your comments are really fair. Mine is probably somewhat biased since I do not have the 6285 and donno about the details of that set. P.S. In a recent warehouse clearance sale of the Lego distributor in HK, I got 6296, 6248 and 6254. (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I agree with you about the 6286, Jackie! I personally like that model better than the 6285 model. To me it's more interesting and looks grander! But I would rather have the 6285 ship for parts to build with. The hull parts are all brown (where (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Damn, I just checked out from the catalogue and noted that I made a mistake at the outset and throughout in our discussions. The one I have and which I said I personally prefer it to 6286 is 6289, which was re-released by Lego.com and is the only (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Since it exists elsewhere - whoa, way back as Pirates message 315, you can read my rankings (and undoubtedly others if you follow the thread). (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) (URL) also in reply to Bruce's post mentioned above), but my website has a more recent ranking. Frank (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I would rank them this way: (1) 6286, (2) 6285 (3) 6289. The 6289 was my first large ship to purchase. I can understand why you might prefer it at the moment. Wait until you build your first 6286 or 6285! Those are great models to put (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)