 Pirates / 2603
Re: French Navy Ranks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kai Brodersen writes:
It's not French but Steve Beisty's(Sp?) Cross-Section of A Man-of-War has an
excellent break down of the crew.

Try also watching some Horatio Hornblower movies, in some they had some
references to the French navy.

An excellent series, and the basis for most of my ship knowledge of the era ;-)

Hope your fleet comes out nice--can't wait!

I'm very pleased with the Brig (which owes a lot of the design inspiration
to the larger ships out of Port Block), and have it displayed on top of the
TV at the moment, where it never fails to distract me.

I'm looking forward to getting out in the sun on the weekend to take some
pictures.

Cheers

Richie Dulin