 Pirates / 2598
Re: French Navy Ranks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
   OK--I've checked both in English and in French on the Web, and I've
  found nothing that's obviously a list of French naval ranks.  I
  think you'll have to go to academic tomes, but I don't yet have any
  titles for you.  How's your French?  Do you have access to a good
  library (e.g., a university library)?

My French rates even worse than my access to a good library :-(

I've found some references to "enseigns" (1st and 2nd class) and "aspirants"
which seem to correspond to Lieutenants and Midshipmen....

Cheers

Richie Dulin

("Dulin" is of French origin, but we were driven out of France several
hundred years ago, and I have more Irish, English, Australian Aboriginal &
Scottish blood then French...).