 People / Newbie / 304
Re: Missing seams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:58:24 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
Try moving 3429.DAT and 3430.DAT to the PARTS folder.

See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4401

I have already a long time ago updated L3P to scan a part's header for "Unofficial Part"
but I'm afraid this and many other fixes/new features have been "caught" in a major
rewrite of L3P.
I'll reconsider my plans and maybe patch the fixes to the old source code
in order to make a "service release".

Regarding -sw8, when you use "unrealistically" large seam width,
small parts may be shrunk to "negative" sizes,
which will make them appear to be moved.
/Lars

Actually I've already moved the part to the PARTS folder and re run mklist.exe
(I think that's what the name is) to regenerate the parts list.  Needlesss to
say, this didn't resolve the problem.  Do I need to manually remove the
"Unofficial Part" line from the header, or is that done automatically during the
PARTS/mklist.exe process?  (I'm at work right now so I won't get around to
testing anything new until tomorrow.)

Thanks again.