 People / Newbie / 303
Re: Missing seams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:47:15 GMT

GadgetGuy wrote:
Any idea why the some pieces don't show seams in POV-Ray but they do in MLCad?

The problem is that L3P fails to recognize the two unofficial parts as parts.
Try moving 3429.DAT and 3430.DAT to the PARTS folder.

See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4401

I have already a long time ago updated L3P to scan a part's header for "Unofficial Part"
but I'm afraid this and many other fixes/new features have been "caught" in a major
rewrite of L3P.
I'll reconsider my plans and maybe patch the fixes to the old source code
in order to make a "service release".

Regarding -sw8, when you use "unrealistically" large seam width,
small parts may be shrunk to "negative" sizes,
which will make them appear to be moved.
/Lars