 People / Newbie / 299
Re: Missing seams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 04:06:13 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, David Woodward wrote:
   Thanks for the quick response. But I’m still confused about something. If POV-Ray doesn’t draw lines/seams, then what causes the other parts to display seams in the POV-Ray picture? (Such as the supporting bricks for the forklift rails)

It looks like you’re using LGEO parts in your picture. These have (slightly) rounded edges on all the bricks that visually create seams. The forklift part isn’t modeled in LGEO, so L3P falls back to the LDraw geometry for that part, which doesn’t contain the rounded edges.

Additionally, unless you use the -sw0 option of L3P, it will shrink all the parts in such a way as to create seams between the parts. (See here.) This will only work for separate parts, though. If the entire forklift assembly is seen as one part, there won’t be any seams between the individual components. I can’t tell based on the picture you posted if you’re using the -sw0 option for L3P or not, but I would suspect not. (Using -sw0 sets the seam width to 0; the default seam width is 0.5.)

--Travis