 People / 1580
  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) groups. (...) Having listened to different music over the years I find that while my tastes have changed somewhat, I have never tired of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. I liked them in jr high and I still like them today. Quasi-related to that, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:G8I1r5.FA1@lugnet.com... (...) has a (...) are (...) I would definitely believe this. I find that while I like a wide variety of music and listen to a great deal of it, just a few songs (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Personal Anthems (WAS: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?)

To All, Well, relatively few of you would know what songs I am referring to, but I guess my 2 personal anthems would have to be "Missing Person" by Michael W. Smith, and "Never been Unloved" by Michael W. Smith, both of which are on his album, Live (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Hmmm, not quite a single song -- but I think my music would be "The Ninth Wave" by Kate Bush. Basically, it's the flip-side of "Hounds of Love" -- now, cd tracks 6-12 in what is essentially a cohesive and separate work from the rest of the cd. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Hmm, I guess my one song then would be the last movement of Beethoven's 9th, otherwise known as Hymn to Joy (in instrumental form - preferably played on an organ). Or there's the French like gibberish song I sing frequently (I have no idea if (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) How do your kids relate? :^) (...) I can't agree with Oprah's guest, however I may be in the minority. I would be hard-pressed to choose just *one* piece of music for myself as a personal anthem -- probably because I have very broad tastes, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) They're only five and seven now, but when the time comes they'll probably get into the current-day equivalent of eminem just to torture me! (...) Yeah, I think that's allowed. Sometimes I would say mine is "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) I've been thinking of going through all my music and figuring out which pieces entice me to hit repeat and play again. A few notable ones right quick: Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 "Organ" 4th movement (Maestoso; Allegro) (with symphony and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

Frank Filz wrote in message <3A8B5BD5.27FC1839@m...ng.com>... (...) One of my favorite pieces of all. Played it as a kid in youth orchestra but it took me a while to find a recording because all I remembered was "Farandole", not the composer or the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Ah, but how can you get that "horror" movie effect without an organ? I must say that in general, I don't find too many organ pieces to be "muddy". It definitely depends on the quality of the recording and the quality of the stereo (though my (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)