 Parts / Modification / *129 (-20)
  talent revealed

canada's capital lug, parlugment, is proud to have as a member a very talented modder who quietly demonstrates his talent without tooting his horn. it needs to be tooted and loudly. norbert black is a dab hand with a paintbrush and very handy with (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX) !!

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) I think with a red/green bi-colour LED you can get any colour between the two by varying the mark/space ratio of the alternating waveform. A DCC controller varies the mark/space ratio of a square wave in order to drive the motor at different (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Warning when using 1 x 4 x 5 windows!

(...) Thanks for the research. After some deliberating and opinion asking on www.brickish.org I decied to drill out the four windows I need to work this way. My first modded parts! My reasoning was that, as you said, some of the windows available do (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) You can get 3 colour LEDs that are designed to work that way. Not sure, but think they are orange as 3rd colour though. (...) Yes it can, motor outputs are reversing. So, using any stationary decoder that can power reversing switch machines (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Hi Horst, that's a great picture. Yeah, that's what I've been striving for, a layout of roughly that complexity and automation, but without nearly as many wires. The remote controllers (along the bottom of the picture) being replaced by the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Yes, otherwise you could only run a DCC loco in one direction. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) I was thinking of something similar. Using 2 outputs you could control a 3 lead Bicolor LED. Or with a small NAND gate as well, you could use the 2 lead style LED that you mention. If you don't mind the LED always being on it only takes one (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Could you use a "bi-color" LED this way? Polarity one way, light is red. Polarity the other way, light is green. Polarity alternating, yellow! (Ok, that last part is probably a pipe-dream... <grin>) Can DCC output a voltage with either (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

Hi everybody, (...) Correct. 7860 is the set number. A quick Google search turned up mostly auctions and sales pages, no useful description of this set, so here go some basics for the interested ... Both the red and green light are controlled (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Thanks, Mat! (...) There are 5 wires for the lights. The common is positive voltage with respect to the 4 output wires. Each light is independently controllable, you could even blink them to simulate certain real world signal conditions. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Thank you, John! (...) Each of the lights is independently controllable. You can even instruct the DCC controller to blink the lights in various patterns. I'll be working on software to provide an interlock so that only the red or green can be (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Thanks, Larry! (...) Presently, I don't have any plans to do so. These actually took more time to create than I'd care to admit! However, much of the time was spent working out the construction details for the prototype. I want to build (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Mark, these builds are, as always, awsome. One question, do the 4 outputs on the quad conroller have a common return path on the controler? I.E. 5 output wires or 8? Also, are the 4 outputs indepentantly conrolled or only 1 at a time? I've yet (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) As Lar said, very cool! Question: Is each light individually controlled, or is each red/green pair controlled together? (I don't know much about DCC - yet!) And where is the yellow light? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC - thinking our club needs to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: DCC Controlled Signal

(...) Wow! Way cool. Spotlighted. So are you going to productise these? (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  DCC Controlled Signal

The latest in trackside geekness: (URL) Photos and commentary are available at (URL). Cheers, Mark (URL) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO and ParLUGment logo flower mosaics

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks Larry, This is the first real 'mod' (if indeed painting is considered a mod) that I've ever done. I approached it with a bit of trepidation but I deemed it was necessary. As for the details, here they are.... They were (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: LEGO and ParLUGment logo flower mosaics

(...) These look really spiffy, even if the painting bit does make me cringe. :-) Spotlighted. XFUT to lugnet.parts.mod because painting is a kind of mod, isn't it? So what kind of paint did you use, and did you have any adhesion problems? (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  6 wheeled 9v motor

I've been woring on an EMD SD-40 eginine. And I wanted to have 6 wheeled motor trucks. But I also wanted it to be able to negotiate turns and switches. So I chopped up a 9v wheel set, modified the side plates for a 9v motor. (URL) I removed the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small battery box into 9V powersource?

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:I547MA.6n7@lugnet.com... (...) I'm not that gifted in electronics so my knowledge is limited. I'd use a 9 volt voltage regulator inside the battery box, but I'm guessing there's an easier, more (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact