 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 79 (-20)
  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) I wanted to wait on y'all's input before I took it any further with work. I will ask today if it's even possible to get the RoboLab folks to give us a demonstration. I was thinking of billing it as an opportunity for more volunteers, and a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) If all that is required is a demonstration of RoboLab during our meeting, then the room at NI could work out ok. What are the requirements of the presentation? Is there any participation required on our part, besides paying attention for an (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

I asked around here at National Instruments about using one of our meeting rooms on the weekend, and they said that I would have to be able to link it back to the company to make it work. We do have a product called RoboLab, which uses our software, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Meeting Status?

(...) None yet. We need to find a suitable room for our train layout first. We need a room that will be available to us for at least 48 hours straight and one that has sufficient size. Also, security will be an issue as we will probably leave our (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Meeting Status?

What is the status of planning for a TEXLUG meeting? Has any progress been made on selecting a meeting location? -- John Eric Voltin (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Cathedral Project

Right now, I am planning to do the columns with 2x2 rounds, just for color consistency. They did paint their columns and their wood ceilings, but this is actually half the size of a cathedral in a richer area, so I am assuming that they would not (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.build)

  Re: The Cathedral Project

(...) Don't be scared of constructive criticism! But from what I see so far any you got would be minor quibbles. Those are very pretty images! I look forward to progress. Are you going to use the columns in black instead of dark grey? (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.build)

  Re: The Cathedral Project

looks great! Wonderful design. Look foward to seeing some more! ShawnG (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Cathedral Project

Thanks, Alan. Actually, what got me hooked was reading "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. It's set in 12th century England, and is a must for any Castle-head who wants to be accurate. Unbelievable. The basis of the book is a group of people who (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Cathedral Project

I tell you what, Laura, I was very impressed with the Cathedral. Fantastic job! Better than I could imagine myself doing. The photo of the interior is my favorite and that photo itself is impressive and sort of imposing in the way it makes the model (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  The Cathedral Project

Hi all! I have finally finished the design for my cathedral, and here is the fruit of my labors this weekend figuring out PovRay and L3P. I will be getting more ray-traced images up, but wanted to send out the link for my BrickShelf gallery before I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

Now here is a thankgiving turkey you wouldn't want to catch. Friends, after much hard work, the red dragon Formeathan has been Ldrawn. Images are here: (URL) entered him into the Ldraw.ord Model of the Month contest as well. Mookie wanted us to have (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG Pictures developed and uploaded (finally!)

(...) X-post to Texlug (oops) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

I am planning on getting a small track and putting together a wild-west era train. That's going to come after the cathedral, though... If y'all will supply the track, some of us could make stations or related buildings. This is going to be great! (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) How much track do you have? It seems so far, that me and you, are the only two with a decent amount of train parts. Is there anyone else among us that also has train parts? ShawnG (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: The Next Meeting

I've got lots of track, several switches, and 4-5 motorized train cars (9volt) and other train components, that I am willing to sell. I thought I'd announce this here, first, in view of the train theme of the upcoming meeting. TJ, can you pass this (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) I'm not sure, but ask around in the trains newsgroup, they'll give you plenty of answers. ShawnG (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) Excellent! I can build a 10 foot (approximate) bridge for double track. We can put 1 set of tracks in (10') and then see if we have enough for the rest of the layout. If we have some left over, the we can "track" the other half of the bridge (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) Not a problem! ShawnG (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) I just bought a lot of track so I own about 3 cases of straight, 6 cases of curved, one switching case and almost every train set from the last 6 years. Also I've already built one nice office building (I'll put pics on brickshelf- as soon as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact