 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 60
Re: The Next Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:20:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes:
Howdy Texas AFOLs!

It's time, once again, to have another meeting. Actually, the meeting won't
be for a while yet(1), but we need to start thinking and planning for it.

A few of us have discussed briefly of doing a large train layout(2) at the
meeting. This is the reason why I'm announcing the meeting so early. We'll
have a good bit of discussion and planning to do.

Finding a suitable meeting room would be first priority. A train layout will
require a lot of space and time. We'll most likely stretch this meeting out
over a full weekend. It will take a lot of time to set up, and then we'll
want to spend a good while with our "common creation".

I just bought a lot of track so I own about 3 cases of straight, 6 cases of
curved, one switching case and almost every train set from the last 6 years.
Also I've already built one nice office building (I'll put pics on
brickshelf- as soon as figure out how!)

As for the city, Austin is centrally located in Texas and many AFOLs live
there. Of course the choice of city is dependent on finding a suitable room
for the layout.

Austin worked out great last time. Jason's house was a great meeting place
and I think there is enough space for a fair sized layout.

Everyone is invited to participate(3) and help to make this a spectacular event.

Please use this newsgroup to hold discussions about this event(4). Perhaps
if we keep it "public", we can draw in other AFOLs who are now reluctant to
participate, and perhaps we can receive advice from other LUG and LTC groups
who have experience with train layouts.

best regards,
TJ Avery

later