 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 59
Re: The Next Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:16:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes:
<snip>
(3) HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE? Even if you don't own a single piece of track,
you can still help. We'll need buildings, mountains, houses, businesses,
bridges, ports, ships, etc., etc. And if you are fortunate enough to have
track and other train parts, PLEASE come!
<snip>

Okay, I'll go first.

I don't have any specific train stuff (track, train motors, wheels, etc.),
but I can provide some sort of structure. A bridge perhaps? Maybe something
similar to this:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/bridge_arch/

I can build something specially for the train layout. An arch would be good
as I could build a roadway low to the ground and also approaches on either
side. (I'm thinking this layout will go on the floor and not on tables)

The only problem is that I don't have any track. Does anyone have 10 or 20
feet of straight track to put on my bridge?

I'll search around the internet and possibly get a few pictures of bridges
in Texas. I know they're aren't any spectacular ones, but I can try to build
something to fit in with our Texas theme. I know the bridge over the port of
Corpus Christi is a big arch bridge.

Okay, next? Who else has ideas for the train layout? Who has track?

As for a meeting place, I think a room a little larger than a 2-car garage
might do. I don't know of any "free" places near me in Houston. Does anyone
else (particularly in Austin) have a large conference room at their disposal?

Friday night through Sunday afternoon would probably be the time we would
need. (we'll try and set a specific date later)

TJ