 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 60
Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:55:27 GMT

I like the Castle idea.  There could be defenders in the castle and
intervening reinforcements outside the castle.  There could be many ways to
play the game.
The middle ages would be a great way to play and it would be a good first
game.  Did you want to bring your castle Tim?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy D. Freshly" <timfreshly@shaheenlaw.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.richlug@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun)

"John Kornhaus" <jkornhaus@xperts.com> wrote in message
news:020320011121166614%jkornhaus@xperts.com...
In article <006901c0a179$75676900$8244f7a5@earthlink.net>, Rich
Schoonover <rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote:

I think we should keep it simple.  Probably like king of the hill or
something for the game.  We should probably decide on what theme we • want.
Do we want modern weapons or medieval weapons.  It doesn't really • matter
me.  I don't have much as it is.  I wouldn't mind using swords and • battle
axes though.
What do you guys think?

Medieval BrikWars would be a nice change and should solve the
too-powerful vehicle problem. I've never had a chance to try out the
close combat rules, most of my troops are toast before they can come
into range for hand-to-hand fighting.

john

A medieval campaign would present different strategic challenges as well. • I
was just reading an article in National Geographic about Alexander the • Great
and it described his victory over Darius, King of Persia, just north of • what
is modern day Baghdad in Iran.  Great tactics by Alexander but they would • be
useless against anything like modern guns.

Ideas for a medieval setting: seige (of course); forest battle; army to • army
combat on a plain; and an invasion-in-progress (invaders already inside • the
castle, defenders must rally to defeat).  Others?

Tim