 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 52
Re: The meeting was fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:17:37 GMT

In article <G9AzBx.qH@lugnet.com>, Rich Schoonover
<rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote:

I had a great time today talking to Frank, Tim and Jean.  It was nice to
meet Bert for the first time.  I hope next time we can have as much fun, and
maybe an intro game into Brik Wars.  It sounds like a lot of fun, and a good
way to show our stuff at the same time.  Does the 17th of March look good
for everyone?  That isn't a final date but it did seem agreeable to everyone
today.  Let me know what you think.

17th will be pretty busy for me; I leave for a 10-day trip to the UK on
the 18th. Guess I'll miss this one.

Why don't we plan a BrikWars game for our April meeting? That should
give everyone ample time to build troops. I'd set a pretty low CP cap
for the first game, 150-200 points and a limit on the CP cost for each
vehicle. The games I've played have been dominated by a few large
vehicles/robots and troops have been near useless.

For those not familiar with BrikWars, it is a wargame along the lines
of BattleTech or Warhammer played with Lego creations instead of
painted metal miniatures.

The rules are free and can be found at:
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

Build and Destroy!