  New to the area

Hello, I am moving soon ( read in under two weeks ) to Newport, Rhode Island. My collection of Lego will unfortunately stay in Virginia for now, but I would like to know if there are other enthusiasts ( or just plain maniacs if you would so admit ) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

(...) Hey! I just noticed this post. I know you're planning on coming to the meeting on Wednesday. I just thought I'd mention that as a kid (ie, ages 3-8) I lived in Newport. That would have been about 1975-1980. So no, I don't have any specific (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

(...) have (...) Cool, Yeah, I'm going to the Naval Education Command for some schoolin' so i don't think I'll be able to bring my whole collection with me ( only what can fit in the car+ uniforms ). But I figured if I brought a few things, it'll (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

(...) Huh. I noticed earlier that you're a Marine. My father was in the USN. I was only in Newport so long (5 years) because he did 2 tours there- one on a destroyer and one on land. (...) With a name like Josiah, I'd be disappointed if you didn't (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

Actually I'm in North Carolina right now. Gathering my stuff together and packing my car. I don't actually "move" until the 17th. But knowing that this meeting is going to be of importance, and also it'll give me a chance to meet everyone, I don't (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:FxHpxA.Jz8@lugnet.com... (...) Actually the name is Hebrew if you can believe that. Straight out of the Old Testament. Ask Shiri. - Joe (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

(...) LOL - he's right. So says the official lugnet authority to Hebrew. ;-) In fact, there are a lot of names that are rooted from the old testament, and thus from Hebrew. Names like Jonathan, Benjamin, Michael, Joel, and many many more have actual (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New to the area

Och, Darnit!! It looks like I may not be able to go on Wednesday as planned. Some "Family" business ( the worst kind, you can never dodge it ) has come up that own't allow me to leave until 10 or 11. And what with the driving distance and all, I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New to the area

(...) Ack! Sorry! (...) Just drop by the website and fill out the form, or watch this space. Either way, the meeting will be announced. :D eric (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)