Re: New to the area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:31:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Josiah Nicely writes:

Cool, Yeah, I'm going to the Naval Education Command for some schoolin'

Huh.  I noticed earlier that you're a Marine.  My father was in the USN.  I was
only in Newport so long (5 years) because he did 2 tours there- one on a
destroyer and one on land.

I'm kinda anxious to see what's around. It's
my first time up North ( Above the Mason-Dixon line ). I hope you all don't
mind seeing a cowboy hat around :P

With a name like Josiah, I'd be disappointed if you didn't have one.  Heh.

But yes, if at all possible, I am going to
try to be there on wednesday. I think it'll be about a 12 or 13 hour
drive.

Huh?  Are you in Newport already?  If so, it shouldn't be anywhere near that
long- more like 1.5 - 2 hours.  Or does the meeting coincide with the move?

I'd hate to think of you driving that long and far just for one meeting.  We'll
have more when you're moved up here, I promise!  :D

Dinner will be a good thing!

The BBQ at Bison County is pretty good- almost as good as any I've had in
Texas.

eric