Re: New to the area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:24:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

Hey!  I just noticed this post.  I know you're planning on coming to the
meeting on Wednesday.  I just thought I'd mention that as a kid (ie, ages 3-8)
I lived in Newport.  That would have been about 1975-1980.  So no, I don't • have
any specific info per se about Lego in the area, but I did get my first few
sets there!

eric

Cool, Yeah, I'm going to the Naval Education Command for some schoolin' so i
don't think I'll be able to bring my whole collection with me ( only what can
fit in the car+ uniforms ). But I figured if I brought a few things, it'll tie
me over, along with possibly getting together with some other lego folks.
We'll just see how it turns out. I'm kinda anxious to see what's around. It's
my first time up North ( Above the Mason-Dixon line ). I hope you all don't
mind seeing a cowboy hat around :P But yes, if at all possible, I am going to
try to be there on wednesday. I think it'll be about a 12 or 13 hour drive.
Dinner will be a good thing!

-Joe
US Marines- The World is My Playground