Subject:
Meeting- July 12th? (was Re: Meeting planning - stuff to talk about.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:51:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

while it would certainly
be exciting- almost illicit-feeling- to have a meeting without him,

Actually it probably would be more exciting :-).

I didn't mean that as a comment on your participation in meetings. :D  I meant
it would feel almost like cheating on a girlfriend.  Has there been a single
NELUG meeting/event you haven't been at?

So, you'll all notice I changed the subject to hopefully provoke some more
interest in the thread.

For those of you joining in late, we're discussing the next possible NELUG
Meeting, which is going to be at 7:00pm on July 12th, 2000 at Bison County, a
restaurant in Waltham, MA (directly across Moody Street from The Construction
Site, see www.constructiontoys.com for directions).

Meeting Agenda:

1) NELUG's possible participation in an upcoming Greenberg Show.

2) Planning a NELUG first anniversary picnic/cookout,

3) A special presentation from Eric Kingsley, "Why we need Lego Stormtroopers"

I'd like to get a head count so I can see what kind of space we might need at
Bison County.  Hopefully, if we can get 10 or so people, I can reserve their
private room, which would greatly facilitate showing off MOCs of larger sizes.

People who have said they can pretty much be there:

Eric Joslin
Eric Kingsley (who will no doubt have a PowerPoint presentation and handouts
for his presentation)
Shaun Sullivan

People who have said they *might* make it:

Matt Miller

If I've filed you in the wrong category or missed anyone, please feel free to
correct me.  If your name isn't on this list and you might want to come,
pleasepleaseplease let me know.  I hate going out on a limb and reserving a
room if no one is going to show, y'know?

Thanks!

eric