 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1324 (-20)
  Re: Green line?

(...) Hi Dave, Check here: (URL) one picture, but very clear. Jorge F. (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Great!!! I'm looking forward to see all your new stuff. I don't have an amazing collection, that gives me enough space to have a big war, and your buildings are going to be a great addition to the whole thing. Thanks for being there. If you (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Green line?

I was thinking about making a foray into making a green line train-- I think someone mentioned that there was a site with pictures of MBTA cars somewhere around? DaveE (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) I don't know about Tom but I mentioned to Shaun that I am going to make every effort to be at the next game with my street scene. I need to practice transporting it once anyway so I have an idea of how much work its going to be. Besides my (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Wow! It is amazing! Beautiful. Your layout and Eric K's are like good wine, they get better and better with time. They are similar, yet different. Can't wait for the show to see it live. Have you consider taking it to the next Brikwar game? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)

(...) I think this would be a great idea, I actually thought about mentioning this myself a couple of times but never got around to formalizing my thoughts. For myself I have come up with a very simple Street Light design that I like a lot. I also (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Railway Cars et. al. topics

(...) 11?? Is that all?? Slacker. :-) (...) Probably about 20 or 30 in various states. Some are more commerce related than building related, though. ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Railway Cars et. al. topics

(...) As I alluded to in an earlier post, I have two things actively "on the bench" (as a model builder might say)- a Gundam using the new Stormtrooper/Threepio ball joints and an airship. I have the Gundam's legs done- he's up to his waist, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Railway Cars et. al. topics

(...) Well, for good or for bad, I'll be building it soon. I already went through the site and picked out the one that I'll be going after: I don't know whether it will make it into the train show, but maybe ... Yesterday I went through and wrote (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Tom- I think it's fantastic. I love it, and I think the two expanded scenes placed even near each other on the same layout are going to blow people away. And, like Shaun, I hope you can bring it to BrikWars on the 17th... :D Anyway, in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

(...) I (...) car, (...) foliage, (...) ... (...) Heh! This sounds great! Can't wait to see it in motion. I, on the other hand, still haven't built anything even remotely relating to the Train Show. I have half a Gundam, and last night I started a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

(...) Heh! I was thinking of the same kind of thing, but I didn't say anything. I was afraid he'd actually build it, and we'd have to put it on our layout... :D It would be cool, but I think it would look out of place on, say, Tom's metroliner-type (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

Tom, That looks amazing! I am completely and utterly in awe of yours and Eric's street scenes. I hope to be able to foray into a street scene at some point. Believe it or not, I'm finding myself strapped for the pieces needed jsut to make a couple (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

(...) Well it could always be a display piece/historical site... (...) The car sounds great. (...) Well I typically don't even use the prefab chassis because they limit the length of the cars too much IMO. That being said I only use 1 technic plate (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

Hi Eric, These are great! I did consider making one of these, but I finally decided it wasn't really in keeping with the rest of the scene :D I do plan on putting one of these together at some point, though ... thanks for the site, it's a perfect (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Tom, This looks great. I don't think we will need to worry much about scenery this time around. If anything I am worried about not having enough room. Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

Shaun, Have I found the perfect railroad cars for you!!! (URL) that should be right up your ally. BTW Eric Brok has done one of these... (URL) do know that these ranged in size all the way up to a massive 4 rail German Gun that needed a batalion of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  New street scene

Hello everyone, I have put up a few pictures of my redesigned street scene, as well as a few other things I made for the train show. Check them out at (URL) let me know what you think. Thanks Tom D (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG gets top billing again...

(...) Sounds great. I'm planning on making the trip up there from NYC for it. I'll pay the $6.00 though, me in a scout uniform? No way. :) Jonathan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  NELUG gets top billing again...

Well for the 2nd time in a row NELUG has recieved top billing on the flyers for the upcoming Greenberg train show 03/31-04/01 in Willmington MA. Here is a scan of the flyer: (URL) this keeps up I am going to ask for Honorarium $$$ commensurate with (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact