Re: Railway Cars et. al. topics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:30:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

I love this hobby.  Anybody else delightfully swamped with projects?

As I alluded to in an earlier post, I have two things actively "on the bench"
(as a model builder might say)- a Gundam using the new Stormtrooper/Threepio
ball joints and an airship.  I have the Gundam's legs done- he's up to his
waist, basically, and there I stalled out.  I lost momentum because I ran out
of ball joints and needed to get another set.  I have those, now, and I should
get back to work on him.

The Airship was just a concept until last night, when for no good reason I
started working on it.  I meant to just to one specific thing, but I ended up
building and building until well after I should have gone to sleep.

I also have several projects that are complete and total theories, right now.
There's always the Cathedral I keep droning on and on about building, and I
have meant to build a building for the Train Show.  I actually built one wall,
but I see that Tom stole my thunder for the main cool architectural element
(the arches filled in with the 1x2x2 classic windows) so I don't know if I'll
have the will to finish it now. :D

I do plan on throwing together for the train show:

-a hobo camp (which I envision being situated in the big rail yard in the
corner of the layout- nothing major, mind you, just 3-4 hobos and their stuff,
and a flaming trash can);
-a few vehicles for the streets, like hopefully a bus;
-a building or two (like the one I mentioned earlier, which I'll probably go
ahead and finish anyway).  I don't want to reserve space on the layout for
them, simply because I can't say for sure that I'll finish them.  I'm such a
lazy builder!  If I bring them to the show and there's no space for them on the
layout, I won't be hurt.  I'll just have scenery for BrikWars.  Assuming I get
them done by then.  Assuming I build an army by then!  Yikes.

eric