Subject:
NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:00:46 GMT

Anyway, something I was thinking of before the last train show was this- maybe
we should make some sort of "standard" for things like streetlights,
stoplights, mailboxes, etc-- small things that will be scattered across the
layout.  This would bring a real sense of unity to the whole thing, you know?

I think this would be a great idea, I actually thought about mentioning this
myself a couple of times but never got around to formalizing my thoughts.  For
myself I have come up with a very simple Street Light design that I like a lot.
I also did some Stoplights although I like Tom's a lot.  I also have some
dumpsters that it would be nice to have a few more of.

If I get some time I think I will try and LDraw the bits that I have and if
others have designs they want to present we could have vote or something on
standards for these simple things.  Of course I think the ease of building them
should come into play.  No sense setting a standard for a streetlamp and we can
only build 4 or 5 of them.

For example my street lamp includes the following:

1  2x2x5? Gray sign post.
1  1x1x4  Gray Antenna
1  1x1    DkGray Round Brick.
2  2x2    DkGray small raidar dishes.
1  1x1    Trans-Clear Round Brick.

The Trans-Clear Round actually isn't that common but a Trans-Yellow substitues
well.

I'll let you know if I get around to CADing these.

Eric Kingsley