Re: NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:01:02 GMT

Those look good.

I will probably make a few dumpsters, but don't think I can change my
street lamps, since I don't have enough gray antennas. I may change my
traffic lights to match yours, mine are similar already, but about half as tall.
Someone did post some pretty nice streetlamp designs on brickshelf
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=841 that I may make a few of
for other parts of the scene.

  Tom D
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:

If I get some time I think I will try and LDraw the bits that I have and if
others have designs they want to present we could have vote or something on
standards for these simple things.  Of course I think the ease of building
them should come into play.  No sense setting a standard for a streetlamp and
we can only build 4 or 5 of them.

OK I put up CAD drawings of a few things like my Streetlamp.  I don't know how
everyone feels about standards but I wanted to put up what I had.  If others
have some designs for items like these let us know.  Maybe at our next meeting
we can discuss whether standardizing things like this would make sense.

If nothing else the Dumpster makes for decent cover for a soldier in a Brikwars
game.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/bits/

Eric Kingsley