Re: Zombies!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:31:24 GMT

An easy way to avoid this would just be to either put a dot on the fig • or put
each fig on a 2x2 or 2x4 plate that would represent his current mode.  That
way you'd know who was unclaimed, a zombie, a crier, a fighter, or a runner
by the color of their plate.

Groovy!

I *love* this chart idea and I think it's definitly the way to go. More
options!
Yeah, we put 1x1s on civies in our last game, so this shouldn't be a
problem. I
like the way your chart allows for some people to *never* believe there's a
problem. If you really want to complicate it, maybe if there's a critical mass
of non-believers, the can convert believers over to their side... (ok, too
much...)

Now the Crier issue is something I was tossing around. But I wrote it up to be
more simplified. If people can only believe a Crier, but any zombie can make
other zombies, might the teams become quickly lopsided? Although, it does
add a
strategic element to the game if the Crier is a unique unit. TT would have to
protect him and move him around to attempt to get more converts. Maybe Criers
should take 2 bites to be converted into a zombie? Or they have to be critial
hits for zombification. Or maybe they can have bonuses to hit, but can't speak
when using it, so you can either attack or inform in a turn, but not both.

Hmmm... Using plates, you could actually have multiple teams of criers and
make the game a points like game. You get points for recruiting more criers
to "your team" and points for killing zombies.

Zombies could be just simple "chase closest non-zombie" things so then it
would be a race against the humans together as a team. The zombies would
just be another "player" in rotation that chase the humans.  (fits with the
"Night of the Living Dead" theme where the zombies just shambled after the
closest human).

Game goes on until all zombies or humans are dead or X turns (daylight).

Evil Variation:
Or to make the game evil, on a player's turn, he can move one zombie for
each crier he has. You can use the move to clear away an area, or send
zombies after a particular player >-)

Bonus Prize Variation:
For every building, when _anyone_ first enters the building (skeptic, ally,
or crier) roll a d6, on a 1 or 2, there are d6 zombies already in the
building. On 3-4 there's a useful item like a torch or a dead deputy with 6
bullets or some suche.

This would make buildings a good thing to get into, but very dangerous too
:-)  Just imagine the fun of allies trying to hide and triggering 6 more
zombies to pop up! bwaahahahahaha!

The ideas just keep coming... Great concept :-)