Re: Progress on Ore Dock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:06:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Kai Brodersen writes:

Larry,
I need some help as to what to do next?
Any needs requirements for the cars I need to consider?

Well, a Jenny will likely have 2 dump bay openings. Assume they'll have a
tie spacing between them. We just need to try to nail down the length we
want to use. I haven't had time to do a design yet.

BTW on the jenny design make sure the car has nothing sticking out on the
sides.  It will cause a bad mess because the tracks are going to be real >close.

I'd advocate squeezing out a stud if you can... if the car width is limited
to exactly 6 wide we are in for trouble. See if you can get a stud (maybe
make the dock an odd number of studs wide?) or better, two, of clearance
between a pure 6 wide car and one next to it. Or just go with one track...

P.S. Any comments from other folks in Michlug would be appreciated, I need
to know how this is going to fit in with the layout as a whole.

Good point. Kai's pics show that he's got something mocked up that has got
potential and some layout design showing where it would fit would be very
beneficial! What do others say?