Re: Progress on Ore Dock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Kai Brodersen writes:

Looks pretty good Kai.  One suggestion though, try saving the picture in a
picture editor to decrease file size.  618K is a really big, a 6 min load for
me at home.

As far as specifications go, I think 27 bricks is already to high.  I am pretty
sure we were going to have a drop of 22 bricks.  Now if the Ore Dock is
supposed to be higher than the surrounding landscape, then that's cool.

-Jason Spears

If it is too tall then I will shorten it due to the fact I want to be able
to run my ore cars on there.  But one thing for sure is that I am going to
have to widen it to accommodate 2 or 4 tracks.

I can see two, although I would argue it will be plenty dominant with just 1.

But 4 tracks is way too many. The throat will take up too much space.
Remember, selective compression...

Why do you want to widen it?

Docks often have slight grades leading up to them but at least one of the
ones in Marquette, IIRC, actually has a downgrade (the last few hundred feet
on bridges/trestles as the line to it comes in from somewhat higher up than
200-250 feet above water level (or whatever the height of the dock is). So
sticking to 22 high may be a good idea.