Re: Progress on Ore Dock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:55:50 GMT

If this goes forward, we will need a lot of essentially identical small ore
jennies (slang for what the small hoppers are called).  Although the
prototype hoppers are 4 axle, they are very short and a 2 axle design may be
the way to go. I, or someone else, could start designing these. They ought
to be black or brown in color so would need to be designed for easy
reproducability.

They should be black or brown (canadian national colors *i think*).  I have
seen some other colors.  I was hoping our friend to the north, Josh Baakko,
could give us some insight on what he sees at Marquette and the surrounding
area.

Also, it would be nice to have an ore boat present. If the dock is red I
would argue that it ought to be black or grey or brown rather than red.

It should be White with a red keel but we could make it a different color.
I have started to work on it.

To make the designs work out best it is important to know the spacing used
on the dock. The dock ore chutes should be spaced the same as the hatch
covers on the ore boat. The dock ore intake openings under the tracks should
be spaced the same as the ore jenny hopper bay door openings.

But the deal with the openings is that the lego track has a 2x4 opening
every 2 studs.
The idea i had for making the dock workable is this see link

and not worry about the chutes lining up with the jennies

kai