 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / *705 (-20)
  Railroaded at The Meeting

Dear everyone, I plan to be at the meeting at 10am or a little later. Eventhough I'm putting the bulk of my Lego sets on eBay, I will be bringing some sets to the meeting for LUGOLAsians to get a crack at before eBayans see them. I will be bringing (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  6.29.02 meeting update (directions)

Dear LUGOLA Well, the meeting at my place is a week away, Saturday June 29th. Starting time is 10:00 am and it can end whenevers. Here's an updated list of people that have emailed their intentions to attend: Eric Shrader Brian Heins Daniel Jassim (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Upcoming meeting and plug.

Greetings all LUGOLA-ians! Gosh, I'm going to try to make it to the next meeting at Mr. Lim's place. I so want to see that stegosaurus (and other Lim Creations) up close! Thank you for your hospitality, Henry! And now, for some good news/bad news. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Greetings!

Welcome Eric, Bruce forgot to mention our rigorous hazing process, just make sure you have all your immunizations. Seriously though, we are a pretty loose form group with some of the most talented Lego folks around. You are in for a real treat for (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Hi Eric, The previous meeting was my first one and I felt quite welcome. Bring some models to show off if you want, or just show up and chat. Here are my pictures from that meeting: (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Greetings!

Hi there! My name is Eric Shrader and I'm relatively new to lugnet. Image my surprise at all the Lego fans out there! I noticed that you are having a meeting soon. Are newbies welcome? I'd love to meet some enthusiasts in the LA area. My interest (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  June 29th LUGOLA Meeting

Dear LEGO User Group of Los Angeles Well, I haven't heard any dissent towards the date I proposed. So it looks like the meeting will be held at my Redondo Beach apartment on Saturday, June 29th. Here's a list of who said they'll be attending: Brad (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello!

(...) Thank you! One of the things that's really been fueling my renewed interest in Lego is that this time around there's an honest-to-god AUDIENCE out there. So far I've been very much part of the audience, but I'm getting into the act... I'm (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello!

(...) Thanks. Not much of that is still together, but I'm going to try to come and bring something. (...) new-fangled parts--back in MY DAY we only had 5 colors, and we had to walk to school in the snow barefoot), but I really like the way you've (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello!

Yeah, I noticed the meeting message just before I made my own post. It's good to get the introduction out of the way because I'd feel really awkward showing up completely unannounced. Having done that though, I'm very much looking forward to meeting (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello!

Hi Brian, Welcome to Lego-mania. :) As you can seen in the other recent thread in this newsgroup, there will be a lugola meeting later this month. I just went to my first lugola meeting a couple of months ago. Basically, this is a time to meet with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Hello!

Greetings, folks! My name is Brian Reynolds and I'm vastly curious to talk with some other people in the LA area about Lego. I'd screwed around with Lego as a kid and then got bit with the obsession again earlier this year and have since spent a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

29th is fine for me.... C (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

I have a Saturday class that meets from 1:00 - 5:00 pm so I won't be able to stay long especially if the meeting is in LA. B. ----- Original Message ----- From: Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@cox.net> To: <lugnet.org.us.lugol...ugnet.com> Sent: Friday, (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

The 29th sounds good to me "Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@cox.net> wrote in message news:Gwy9Cr.I72@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

How's about Saturday, June 29th? Either that or the 8th, but that's next week, and I don't think the word can get out that fast. Let me know of your availablity, feasibility, and/or other suggestablities. -Henry (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

Sounds good to me. My son's promotion is on the 8th, so I won't be available for at least part of that day. I plan on going to Legoland for the club weekend, probably on Saturday the 15th, anyone else going? C (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

That works for me, as the 22nd is out due to a prior commitment. I'd be bringing along new mecha and space creations (think of a current contest) as well as something greatly influenced by you Henry. -Dave (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

I'm available to hold the June meeting at my Redondo Beach apartment on any Saturday other than the 15th. So let me know when's most convenient. -Henry (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Any action here? - Another meeting?

(...) Hey there, Brad! There was talk of Henry Lim holding the June meeting, but I was waiting until this weekend to inquire about it. I have much to show off, including something that din't quite make it's grand appearance at BricksWest back in (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact