Subject:
Hello!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 00:39:36 GMT

Greetings, folks!  My name is Brian Reynolds and I'm vastly curious to
talk with some other people in the LA area about Lego.  I'd screwed
around with Lego as a kid and then got bit with the obsession again
earlier this year and have since spent a ridiculous amount of time,
money, and effort in jumpstarting this wonderful new hobby.  As yet I
haven't built much that's original, but I've got plans, ohhh... I have
plans.  I want to thank all of you who have put up images and
discussions of your own work because it's your efforts that 'turned the
light on', so to speak, about how much more could be done with Lego than
what my childhood memories and imagination allowed.

I'm a big enthusiast of technic and military themed sets, especially
those with an attention to minute details.  Probably also something of a
curse for the time being as many times when looking at photos of other
people's work my experience falls short and I'm left to wonder just how
certain modeling ideas were actually executed.  I'd love the opportunity
to learn a trick or two from you folks.

I've setup a brickshelf account for myself although not much is there at
the moment.  You can check it out here:

and a small section of my own website here:

http://www.toonfox.com/lego/lego.html

Thanks for your attention.  Play on!

-Brian Reynolds