 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 247 (-20)
  Re: A new daughter!

(...) While you're waiting (heck, while we're ALL waiting!) for their return, you might consider picking up some of the HP sets (make sure you include Diagon Alley) and setting them aside for her. They have an appeal even to girls who wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Congratulations Chris! This is great news, glad all went well! :-) -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> (...) Our (...) stored, so (...) attended (...) fantastic (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Well, one can always hope that by the time she's old enough for System LEGO, the Paradisa will have returned to the pink and purple aisles... Frank (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Congrats! I'd dispense useful advice about having a second child, but our son Connor is only about 5 days older than Kivi. :) Kids rock. James (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Thanks. (...) Count on it. (...) I think we're going with your first. It's not long like you say TeeVee. It's more like Tipi. It is a Finnish name, but for boys, so we're cheating. Chris (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Congrats. Don't walk down those pink and purple aisles at TRU - just give her Lego! :-) Bruce (Kivi, Keevee? Intriguing name, either pronunciation) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  A new daughter!

Hi all, My daughter, Kivi Alexis Weeks was born four hours ago at my house! Our Sunroom was the place of birth and is also where all my LEGO is stored, so she was born under the watchful gaze of many many minifigs. We were attended by a midwife and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

Okay, so now that I look at it again it isn't extreme Northern Jersey, but it is above Trenton, which sort of makes it north jersey in a certain way. I'd complain about my inability to travel, but that'd do no good. I'm really open for any weekend, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

No, no Northern N.J. is not in the picture, Chris lives in and around Southern NJ....so we'll go there and meet. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

woah! NNJ is a bit far for me.. err northern jersey is beyond my limits of travel, unless connected with my friend's granparents who live in Princeton, there'd be little to none chance of me being able to attend to the proposed meeting. Of course (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

(...) Uh...New Jerseyans seem to have a different definition of "far" than Midwesterners (which I consider myself), but if you're willing to drive to SoCal, then it won't seem far. Look it up on Mapquest...I'm in zip code 08844 (or 08853 if they (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

I'm up for it! I'd like to meet people from N.J. I live in Northern NJ, is it far? Also, I'd like to show you how I used the parts brought from you. Cool, C-ya.... BTW I might goto BFW too. Still under heavy consideration.... If you go, will you (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Let's get together, eh?

Hey all, How about a GardenSLUG meeting at my house in the second half of January or sometime in February? There is some minuscule chance that I'll find a way to go to BricksWest so that weekend might be bad, but otherwise, I'll entertain (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster to Exhibit this weekend

Folks, I will be Exhibiting at the Jersey City Artist Studio Tour this weekend Saturday and Sunday Oct. 21st and 22nd at the 111 First Street Art building in New Jersey. This is my 10th year doing this show and it is always great. The Studio Tour (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  The Debut of The Legomaster's Lego Continuum

Well Folks it's been a long time and a long road traveled, I am proud to announce the Debut of my Web Site: The Legomaster's Lego Continuum (URL) visit the site and let me know your impressions! Thank you Eric Sophie (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

(...) Bit of a problem with that, y'see, I'm a TFOL who lives all the way down by Philly. So going to Jersey City in a few days wouldn't be an option, but however, if you'd like to get in on this BrikWars bout I and a few others are putting together (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

I'm here! I'm here! I live in NJ! Anybody want to come to see my creations in Mid October? It will be in Jersey City on the water front. I'll be making an official announcement in a couple of days. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

(...) Uhh... it seems this has fallen to the bottom of the barrel, never to found again... so I have resorted to replying to myself to bring some attention to this message about a possible GardenSLUG meeting, just look at the one I replied to, to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

Well for those of us who are subscribed to the mailing list, a few people are trying to put together some BrikWars meeting in Hightstown, NJ. I was just seeing who's up for it...... Also we'll have to decide if we're going to want to mess with the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Manhattan meet: Wednesday September 12

I should have posted this in ny.ny where it belongs. Anyway, meeting Wednesday! Read.... (Nit: JD's is on the other side of 3rd Av from Citi) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact