 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 227 (-100)
  Re: Manhattan meet: Wednesday September 12

Another reminder, the "Manhattan 3" proposed another meeting Wednesday Sep. 12 at the CItigroup Center location. All are welcome. Arrive by 4-5-6 or E-F trains to 51st/Lexington (or walk down from N-R at 59th/Lex.) The plaza is above (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: August 18 Meeting

(...) All was a great time. Thanks again Jake for volunteering meeting space #1. Erik it was great to see you again. Sid & Damian, it was great to meet you both. I look forward to the meeting in September & really hope that more people can make it. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: August 18 Meeting

Today's meeting in Manhattan was a pleasant afternoon with a few Lego fans. Jake McKee brought trains and a Sopwith, Jonathan Lopes brought town vehicles, Damien Nesbitt showed up (as he was in town), and I brought a pile of bricks. We got (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  August 18 Meeting

We are confirmed for a Manhattan meeting on Saturday August 18th from 12-6. The location has been posted on our mailing list. Bring MOCs you can carry easily, stuff to trade, and yourself. I will be bringing a few buckets of bricks. It's not too (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: The *LUG box

(...) I think we'd be interested in it at some point in NC. We don't have sufficiently scheduled meetings to prepare for it, but with a week or two notice, we can probably manage to have a meeting to peruse it. (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

Russell explained it well. Here's the original thread that fully describes the box: (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

(...) The *LUG box is a jumbalaya box sent between LEGO groups to pass around to group members. The box was passed on to us at the July meeting. It weas gone through, and Paul Sinasohn is sending iot on to the next group, whichever one it is. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

Hi Dave, This may be a dumb question: what is The *LUG box? Greetings, David PS: FAQ? What FAQ? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

*LUG box update (should have happened back in April 2001) The *LUG box is still in the hands of BAYLUG last time I checked. It was passed on to them at the April 2001 LUGOLA meeting. Russell Clark informed my that they have already dealt with the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  August 18th Meeting

Hello, The discussion for our meeting on or around August 18th seems to have died down. Is there still interest in getting together? I know I am up for it & was looking forward to it. Jonathan (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Next meeting plan

(...) Just don't bring any salt. I did my little joining bit just now. The 18th is indeed best for me, at least as it currently stands, but life is always tentative around that time of the year. We need to organize meetings, and of course, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Next meeting plan

Hey guys can I get in on this, it would be nice to meet some of you. Is there a particular theme to the meeting? I visited the list page and entered my info. I did'nt know anything was going on in this group. I'd like a chance to Hang with some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Next meeting plan

Hi, On the mailing list we discussed a meeting Aug 18 or 25 in Manhattan. Looks like the 18 is preferable. Another possibility before then is a weeknight gathering outdoors. We have a separate mailing list for hashing out meeting details. The person (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

(...) Great, it sounds like there will be several of us there. (...) Fantastic! Congratulations. We're expecting in December. (...) Excuses, excuses. ;-) I'm going to try (...) I hope you do get it done. Chris (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster

So here's a story about two Mech builders living on opposite coasts with like minds and how Q came to visit. I "played" with Lego ever since I was a kid. I first started building Robots/Mechs as a serious endevour when I was around 18 years old. It (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic) !!

  All your Yellow Pod Fins belong to us

~~FLASH~~ Quetzalcoatl Visits the Legomaster! (URL) to follow. (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

cool.........I will!!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

This is what's possible with Lego. It's great that you guys can see the way it's built. I love the fact that Lego can enable me to create in a limitless way within a system! These are for you and everybody! thank you, ..... Working with Canopies and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Sir, gracious thanks. I set out to create somthing fun. I wanted to expound on the elongated hexapod config. I created with the proto: (URL) really happy with the way it came out. I glad you do to! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Great! "YO GARY! --- I used a couple of 1x2x3 classic red doors in the head of the RG Mech~!" (URL) it man...... Eric (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

"Hello, I am the new Imperial Probe Droid and I have just discovered the location of you hidden Rebel Base! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Do you have a problem with that!?" Han Solo: "Aaaa, now that I think about it, no. Chewie, RUN!!!...!!!" Long live the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Snip-A-Liscious--- Er. Well what can I say? Your creation are bringing a new vision to this forum. Your mechs have a bold robotic yet whimsical organic look to them. Would I want to meet this guy in a dark ally? No. Would I want this guy as my (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Eric, This is the coolest Mech I've seen for one reason. It has it's own style! You've developed a really cool design style, that could be your signature! You seem to have synthesized your influences into a single monolithic creation. Impressive, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

(...) <snip> Wow, that is really something. You gotta show Gary Istok that you used a 1x3x3 classic door in this!! :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Ya those pix are right in my backyard. I love living next to the River, quiet, peaceful, and oh no a RG Mech! Run for it! Swim! Faster, it looks hungry! ahhhhhhh!!!!, oh look it's friendly, it only wants red and dark grey plates. awww so (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

cool, imagine a CGI army of these Mechs!!! I call it the RG Mech; an Omni directional elongated hexapod. Thanks again Eric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Thanks, good words from a Bench Mark Mecha Maker! As soon as I can find a Santa hat small enough to fit on it's head, you'd better leave milk and cookies for it during the 12 days!!! Or slice and dice!!! It's a wonderful time of the year!!! (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Right on Bryce! You have been a great source of inspiration to me. I love the colors too. Good combo....I agree. I wanted to go for a "Roll cage" feel for the chest. So when I added some slopes I ended up with an odd amount of studs, nothing that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Thanks Brad, maybe you'll get to see it in person one day! Eric BTW, I got a lot of inspiration from the success of the Lugola meetings! Thanks and I'll keep it from running amok thru your beautiful buildings and town. Thanks again Eric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

Hey Chris, I tried, but it aint gonna happen this year. I've been asking some of the Mech guys about getting together next year and making a kick-butt display. Most of them are into it. So it's next year for me. Are you going, and if you are have (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

(...) Beautiful outdoor pics! I like this mech a lot, with the omni-directional legs and the big, red fly head; but how do you expect to catch any fish with that thing scaring 'em away? ;-) Very fine work! And, yes, today is a VERY good day for (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

whoo im impressed. try to model that in mlcad heh -- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' "Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GEHH4I.1Jw@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) myself. (...) do. (...) began (...) will (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Neat concept, excellent use of parts and colours! It's already giving me nightmares! ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

What do I say? Unique doesn't even come close. How about very Sophiesque? Those colors look so great against the green backgrounds. And the dark grey and red go excellent together. Now for the model...Great design! Like I said before the insectoid (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

I've been eyeing this for a few days on BrickShelf. It looks really cool. I like the spindly look of it! Eric Sophie <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GEHH4I.1Jw@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) myself. (...) do. (...) began (...) will (...) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

Hey Chris, I am planning on attending again this year, at least for one day, maybe two. I am already registered. My wife will not be attending, as we are expecting our first child in late September, and she would probably be a little uncomfortable. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

(...) Eric, are you going to Brickfest in DC? Is anyone else out there going to Brickfest this year? I know Lindsay and I are. I would assume Cletus is since he does stuff with WAMALUG. Anyone else? Chris (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Future Meetings?

Hwy all, the Lugola guys are having another Meeting, good for them! They trade,talk and inspire! We on the east coast can have a get together too. I'd be willing to bring stuff to trade and bring my Robots somewhere. Also I might participate in a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Hello?

Looks like those Lugola guys have a great time when they get together, evan got me building a new project! (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Hello?

(...) I'm around. Does anyone know why we've fallen apart? Did a second NYC meeting ever happen after being cancelled? When and where should we get together next? Chris (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Hello?

Kinda quiet over here! What's up with my fellow Gardenslugs? (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Old Cali memories

Hello, I remember when I used to live in SF, I got my first Lego set for my 8th birthday! (actually purchased from a store)My Dad took me to the Macy's in Union Square, I got a Classic Space set (Space Staion with Clear yellow 6x8 plates- forgot the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I think that makes a quorum (6)! best LFB (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

I would be interested in this, Just give me a date and place. I can even bring some of my fleet.(i have no cutters made, but have plenty of larger ships!) -Dan (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I'll (...) Me too! -Marc (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Count me in i will be there. (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I'm definitely 'in.' So that's three! best LFB (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Ok, sounds good. Of course we can still invite Steve Jackson if he wants to come on his own (hi Steve!):-) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I think that a large event tied to a game party including Steve Jackson is dead. I would still like to get together with 6-10 people for a weekend of pirate gaming. I'll try to look for a space, but I don't know if and when I'll find something (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Speaking of the event, are we still on or is it dead for June? (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: <snip> (...) Yes, totally, I'd love to come but I'm not expecting to be out of school before June 22-ish (depending on snow days). If it were in late June, or close to the Brickfest maybe, I'd be (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Legomaster Art Show

Thank you, the robots and I missed you!, I'll post my next show! Here's a peak.... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Legomaster Art Show

(...) Ack, I'd love to see them...but I'm currently in Europe (er, I was when this came out, I am now, I will be until mid-May). I hope it all went well! best LFB (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster Art Show

Calling all Gardenslugs! Come see the Robots I have created This Saturday March 24th in Jersey City! Featuring the new Mechanical Robot controlled by 5 RCX's, The Giant Praying Mantis and much more! A multitude of local bands will be on hand as well (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  New Pix of Legomaster Brickshelf!

Hi all, new Pix of the Praying Mantis, Black Robot and the Red Robot on Brickshelf: (URL) a look and lemme know what you think! Thanks!! Legomaster (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Hmm, that would still probably be a 7-8hr drive for me, and would be a significant drive for all the NJ and DC folks also. The only advantage for me is that I could dodge all the cities. Frank (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I am a student and employee at Frostburg St. University in western MD. Would this be an acceptable location? Frostburg is right off an interstate (68), but the nearest real airport may be Pittsburgh. Let me know if you guys want me to look (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) There is more than enough empty warhouse space for us at least a30x40 space but i am not sure if he will let us. He is on a trip and will be back sunday. (...) I wish I were still in the house on Lincoln Avenue, we had a huge (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) That's a definite thought--but of course one does not wish to get into the logistics of trying to maneuver ships around running machinery and workers. ;) But if it's possible--or even warehouse space--that's a thought. I wish I were still in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I might have a spot at my dads work he owns 2 factories in moristown over 1 million square feet so i am hopping he we let us play there. It will be free and we most likly can sleep there we only would have to pay for pizza i will get a definet (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Does anyone have a large living room or family room which most of the furniture could be moved out of? For 6 players or so, a 15x30 living room would probably work decently (the space we were in at Brickfest was probably really only about (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I would be willing to lend some cash to buy a ticket, if we are doing it i will need to know soon. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I thought about this possibility, but space at RU is so horribly tight that it's hard to get anything less than 6 months in advance, and even then, they make you *pay* for it (even if the money is coming from the University, you have to pay). (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) If we can put something together with 6-10 players, I'm still wildly interested in playing. But the nature of the thing changes substantially. (...) The venue I had in mind was open to us because it would be worth it for the shop to host the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I was wondering about this too. Chris (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) OK. Would this be in lieu of the June gathering, or an "official" date to combine with an "unofficial" or smaller June gathering? Regardless of which it is, new concerns come to the fore: *Colleges may be in session as early as the last week (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I will be there, one of my friends might come. We want to know if we can bring sleeping bags and sleep in the game shop? I would be willing to take guard if you need me to. (...) I was just looking and it is about 220 bucks for a round trip (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Two thoughts: 1. We should start thinking about a venue for the fall (or even late summer - not Labor Day weekend though). 2. The Pirate Game will also happen at Brickfest in July (and Steve Jackson is more than welcome to come to Brickfest - (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I would *love* to go to this. I would be tripping all over myself to drive down to Jersey to play- especially with Steve Jackson coming. I've always wanted to play the fabled Pirate Game since the first time I heard of it ('93/4?). (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) "Now dear, play nice with the other scurvy dogs." (...) Just a thought: We still haven't had a !highlight! announcement. If that appeared we might get more interest. I'm not sure when Steve would need to know before he could fly out, or how (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Hi, I would attend but we return from honeymoon just before that weekend (Jun 8-10) and I am needed around the house. I just checked and Brickfest 2001 works out, yippee.... -Erik (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Frank Filz (<3AA8DE15.398@mindspring.com>) wrote at 13:43:49 (...) I'll stick my head over the bulwark at this point. It struck me as a great wheeze to jet over, pirate around, and jet back, and avoid jet-lag by playing at (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Count me in i will be there, I just need directions to the store, I live in cherry hil. (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I'm not sure if it's worth chucking just because we only have 6 players. It does suggest we don't want to pay for Steve Jackson to come (however, if he wanted to come on his own, that would be cool). I'd love some more opportunities to run the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) If you are capable of paying attention and being nice (at least as nice as any other scurvy dog, that is), then I don't see what age has to do with it. You would be most welcome. (...) There aren't. In the past at these events there have been (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Chris Weeks will have to answer if there are any age requirements for the event in general. For the game itself, all that is required is that players be sufficiently mature to play the game. I expect most 15 year olds would fit the bill (we (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Is there any age limit of who can come and play, because i am 15 and i want to come. If we have our own fleet can we bring it? Thanks. (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Is there any age limit of how can come and play, because i am fifteen and i want to come. If we have our own fleet can we bring it? Thanks. (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Spare IR Tower?

I'm waiting for the new RIS to be released. In the meantime, I just picked up a Scout (RDS at CompUSA -$49). I need a IR tower so I can make it more useful. Does anyone in the NYC area have an extra IR tower I could buy cheap or borrow until I get (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Yep, During My Art show March 24th, a freind of mine should be taking more pix during the exhibit, I'll post them as soon as I can....Thanks again....Check out the Show web site at: www.regurgitationshow.com if you want to see the Mantis in (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Thanks! 6 FET LONG! HOLY CRAP! That's huge! Me still wants more pics! (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Thanks Kyle , the robot is 6 feet long. Congrats on Cool site of the week. Check out "Armature" on brickshelf and go "UP" to the other folders , only a few pix of this Robot avail. :( Very Glad to here from you. Thanks again! (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Woa! That's gotta be huge! How big is it? Me wan'ts more pics! Now now! :-P WOW! (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Hey , Here is the link.... (URL) you like.... Thanks (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

(...) Aw c'mon, ya lazy bum, just click "recent" on brickshelf! (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

(...) And the URL is? --Hop-Frog (both sinister and lazy) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  New Pix of Praying Mantis on Brickshelf

Hello all, New Pix of the Giant Lego Praying Mantis on Brickshelf , I've been waiting to post this one ! check it out , Lemme know what you all think! The robot contains 6 motors, and is 6 feet long, it took 3 years to build! On display March 24th (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Nic-name Disclaimer

Hello all, I just wanted to make a little disclaimer out of respect for all the Builders out there. Many People in my area (NJ) have called me the "Legomaster". This is a name in which I have come to be known by Locally, and since I am pursuing (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Based on Steve Bliss' comment, I've set FUT lugnet.fun.gaming (...) It would suck if people were ducking in and out all the time. But I agree that hte game is better than virtually any other at allowing this kind of play. (...) As Frank mentioned, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) I probably won't be there, here are some random thoughts: 1. Which newsgroup were we supposed to followup-to? 2. If you're going to charge for playing, to cover the cost of securing Evil Stevie, charge more to play while he's GMing. Nothing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Well, I think our schedule provided about 30 hours of gaming, so if the price was a buck an hour, total cost for the weekend would be $30. I did suggest we have a "bulk" discount (like $25 for the whole weekend). If the store owner really is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Neat! (...) The (...) by (...) Some extent? I think that people coming and going is fine, but of course it's always difficult when you have to acclimate new players throughout the course of the game. :) (...) Ack, I was hoping to make a full (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Well, why not fly out? If not to Piratefest, you might want to think about Brickfest. Heck, Evil Stevie himself will be flying in from Austin. (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

(...) Arrrrr, I be cruisin' the wrong waters off the lef' coast. 'Ere Evil Stevie sends 'is swabbies to the game convention to market his swag, but nary a sighting o' da pirate fleet or the Dread Pirate hisself. 'Ad to make do wi' Peter Pig's Pirate (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Adding lugnet.fun.gaming... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming)

  Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!

Hi all, I am in the process of organizing a weekend of playing with LEGO pirate ships in June. I need to gauge interest and begin to collect commitments. I don't have all the details (like a firm date) worked out yet, but here is what I do have. The (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Well, I'm the night-owl by habit among everyone it seems. If someone is needed, I could probably swing it most easily. (...) Yes, most spiffy! (...) I suppose Evil Stevie does not live on "beer and pizza" alone... best Lindsay (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) I wouldn't want to do the midnight to 4:00 shift, but I'm sure someone would volunteer. (...) Great. (...) Saw your second message and responded. Frank (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Maybe not. But if someone else would take the midnight-0400 shift, I'd take the 0400-0900 or whenever we were going to start. I do early mornings much better than late nights. (...) That's what I've been discussing with him. He seems open to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

(...) I guess it would depend on how complete the destruction of your home is. For most residential homes, I suspect most of the collection would be salvageable, the rest would be extractable to show just how much was smashed. Of course if you live (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact