 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 226
Re: August 18 Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:27:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Erik Olson writes:

Today's meeting in Manhattan was a pleasant afternoon with a few Lego fans.
Jake McKee brought trains and a Sopwith, Jonathan Lopes brought town
vehicles, Damien Nesbitt showed up (as he was in town), and I brought a pile
of bricks. We got acquainted, admired MOCs, chatted about early building
practices, and traded some parts.

After lunch, Sid Mark Dinsay dropped in on Jonathan and I. Sid brought four
solidly built Star Trek ships. We agreed to meet again at the same place on
Wednesday, September 12. The reasoning was that weeknight Manhattan meetings
would work fine, and the 19th and 26th were taken. (Star Trek Enterprise
premieres on the 26th.)

It was suggested that we organize a NYC club.

The meeting in the Citigroup Center public plaza was interrupted briefly by
a deranged headphone-wearing man who had never heard of adults playing with
"baby toys", but Jonathan made him go away. The security guards seemed very
interested in us, but, hey, Kevin Loch's camera proved that they're a
curious breed.

All was a great time. Thanks again Jake for volunteering meeting space #1.
Erik it was great to see you again. Sid & Damian, it was great to meet you
both. I look forward to the meeting in September & really hope that more
people can make it. I was thinking more about the idea of forming a NYC club
& would really like to revisit the discussion at our next meeting.

Best,

Jonathan