 Organizations / United States / 187
Re: CFD: Subgroups for lugnet.org.us & lugnet.trains.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:00:48 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
I mean, for example, the entire hundreds-of-messages history of the WAMALUG
mailing list going back to July (when it was NOVALTC) is 100% public[1]:

   http://www.onelist.com/archive/wamalug

Actually, our WAMALUG list can be set up with public archiving, member's
only archiving, or no archiving.  We chose to leave the archives open
to everyone.  I guess if we ever wanted to take a discussion out of
the public eyes, we could just start a discussion by "replying to
all recipients" or something.

I do like the idea of getting subgroups for each club, WAMALUG would
probably use one, however onelist offers us some additional features
such as an ftp-area and surveys which we use regulary.  Actually,
will LUGNET ever be capable of providing services such as those?

-Chris