 Organizations / United States / 169
Re: CFD: Subgroups for lugnet.org.us & lugnet.trains.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Kingsley writes:
While this is true I don't think it would eliminate the need for the NELUG
mailing list entirely.  For the most part this list is used to share
information such as home addresses, phone #'s, and directions to meetings • which
are often held at someones home.  Things like this IMHO are not things people
want to post in a public forum.

Good point.

There might also be some comments that you wouldn't want to say on LUGNET (and
therefore in "public"), but you might want to discuss on a private mailing
list.  Not to keep it from anyone, but just that the venue is less "public".

KL