 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 769
Re: Trains 2000 (Burnaby, BC Canada): Award Won
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:13:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Kevin Wilson writes:
Dean Husby wrote in message <3A0F4EE8.D4CE1750@akasa.bc.ca>...
Today, after a couple months of
painstaking planning (as can be attested by the number of posts
recently), we debuted at the Trains 2000 (Burnaby, BC Canada) event,
with a 16' by 6' layout • <snip>
We also came away with an award:
Trains 2000, People's Choice, Best Layout.

Well, we had a great time and lots of people LOVED the layout. Most of the
time there were adults and kids packed 2 and 3 deep all the way round our
three sides which were viewable, and we did a lot of showing and telling of
the Lego train sets available, gave out 300 club flyers and around 50 Lego
catalogs (could have been more, but we ran out) and we learned a lot.
<snipped highlights>

Bravo!  Excellent!  Kudos!  Well done!

And it sounds like you even had fun at the same time...  <grin>

Get used to having people 2 to 3 deep around your entire layout, because
that's the way it will be at almost every show!

We're all looking forward to your next show.  ;-)

JohnG, GMLTC