 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 765
764  |  766
Subject:
Pictures available: Trains 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Kevin Wilson writes:

About 25 pictures are on brickshelf now.  You can find them at:

Most of these pictures are of individual scenes, with the later ones showing
more of the general layout.  Some of Kevin's highlights have been captured
in the pictures.  The picture quality is quite good overall, but I must
apologize for some of pictures - they are a bit too unfocused for my liking.
Blame that on my camera and my poor photography skills.  Maybe I should've
used the flash.  Full size of the pictures (640x480 I believe) is 80k on
average...

train01.jpg - train05.jpg are pictures of Dean's office building with really
cool office furniture/machines!

Anyway, the following is a list of Kevin's highlights, with the picture, if
it exists:

The hostage taking on top of Kevin's Airport Hotel was effectively
suppressed by David's SWAT team, with some loss of minifig life

train09.jpg (Kevin's Airport Hotel ended up taller than my mountain!)

Thomas the Tank Engine was a big hit with the smalls, even with his slightly
weird Fimo face

I heard kids say "He looks mean!"  Another kid said "Why isn't Thomas
moving?" and the dad answered "Because he's tired!"

Dean's RCX-controlled automatic grade crossing with lights and raising and
lowering arms worked flawlessly all day long

That was a beauty.  The electronics went right over my head, but it was
reliable and no minifigs got struck by a passing train.

The tree'ed white kitten was rescued by the local fire fighters

train16.jpg

TV cameras recorded the first ascent of snow-capped Mount Bryan by heroic
Arctic minifigs

train12.jpg (sorry this one's a bit fuzzy if you enlarge it)

How could I forget! Robin's lighthouse with the working, rotating light!

train14.jpg, train15.jpg, train17.jpg

And the whales.... with the whale watching boat about to tip over....

train08.jpg

and the fishermen, one with an enormous catch and the other with just a >tire....

train07.jpg (should've taken this picture a bit higher)

Enjoy!

Bryan