 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1250
Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:30:01 GMT

"steve barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote:
I know this has been covered in the past, but can you point me to info on
the reed switch used and implmentation notes. Thanks

This is the original message by Chris Phillips:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=8544

In my version, following John Barnes's suggestion, I put a 100 ohm resistor
in series with the reeds. The devices are very low current, and if you make
a wiring error and connect them to an output or a battery pack, you will
weld them closed! The RCX doesn't expect 0 ohm touch switches and works
pretty well with them.

Mario