 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1240
Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:00:20 GMT

I've since asked that it be moved to the side where it can be triggered via
the side. I'll be doing testing today on that.

Dean, I've put a magnet mounted in the middle of the first car (not
the engine or tender).  It's vertically just above the wheel hubs
halfway between the bottom of the car and the top of the track.  The
face of the magnet sticks out ever so slightly beyond the side of the
track itself, but not all the way to the side of the actual tie.

Robin