 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1219
Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:04:07 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

[I'm cross posting this to trains just in case anyone has a idea or
fix.]

I've finished the reed sensors for the Trolley line. Work fantastically!

I've also finished the reed sensor for the Hogwarts. Not so good.

In my tests I used a single car to test the sensor to make sure the
magnet couplers did not set off the sensor while the intended one did.
Worked well. Now, however I tried a string of cars and AHHH, when two
magnets are together they trip the sensor!

Most nasty. I'm attempting to dampen the sensors ability while making
sure it works for the intended use...

If anyone has any ideas how how to identify a train (amongst others) I'm
all ears...

Dean

Robin, what about putting a magnet on the side of the engine or one of it's
cars?

If it was on the side and we had a little out building on the straight it
would trip it...

Possible?

Dean