 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1241
Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:32:11 GMT

steve barile wrote:

I know this has been covered in the past, but can you point me to info on
the reed switch used and implmentation notes. Thanks

I had not know of anyone using reed switches with lego before so I don't have
any links to info, but I used a standard reed switch, encased in glass. NO
(Normally Open). There was a 20 mm and a 25 mm I believe.

I'm working on a ping-pong line for a trolley and I'd like to try reed
switches. I've had troubles with light sensors and touch switches. Actually
the whole RCX thing might be more trouble then its worth.

I've created a trolley setup that uses 3 stations with an RCX. It seems to work
very well so far. If you want, I can give you the NQC program.

Dean