 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1244
Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:14:15 GMT

Note it's height, is this good for you? My program will be created on this
building being 1 stud away away from the track base. This gives 10 stud trains
(including adornments) access though the path.

The train car will still have no problems clearing as long as my
"inside-1" (1 fulll stud clearance beyond the end of railroad tie on
inside corners).  On a straight, it doesn't even come to the end of
the tie.  I'm not sure where you're placing the sensor, but it could
go on the corner if need be.

The height is probably perfect.  Assuming the track is just sitting on
the baseplate (not stuck down, not on a supporting plate), the bottom
of the magnet is almost exactly at a 2 brick height from the baseplate
(top is at 3), so your house is a perfect height.  We might be able to
move it one stud closer to the track as well.  We'll experiment.

Robin