 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8532
  Coming to Waterloo!

Hi guys... I apparently will be in Waterloo ON all week (as soon as I get there, I'm going to drive rather than fly). Any chance for a get together? Drop me a note or post here, I'll be watching. (I'll check via dial in assuming I can suss out how (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Larry, how long are you in the neighbourhood? My week is still shaping up, but I might be able to slip into Waterloo some evening this week. It would likely have to be a short visit... perhaps coffee or some such thing, after supper. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) I'll be here all week if all goes according to plan. I'm driving home Friday nite. So ya! I hope we can muster a few other folks too... (...) Well clearly that's a super boffo cool technology... because I'm riding the light as we speak! I'm in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) I'm likely available any evening, but as mentioned probably wouldn't be able to arrive in Waterloo until after supper. Anyone else want to jump in with an idea for where and when to meet? (...) Yes and it has built in redundancy. When the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Hey Larry, I think it would be a Good Thing(tm) to come out and see you. Work's becoming a little less busy--most systems are patched and I'm not putting in extremely long days, so there's tonight, and tomorrow night when I'm free. Maybe Allan (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) D'oh! Laidlaw MIS guy is leaving the company, having 'bye bye' dinner tomorrow night after work. Here's some cute info--been in 'puters his entire life (he's about 55 now) and in Sept. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) So is tonight still open for you? I'm available, but I just want to make sure we have time to arrange a meeting time/place. My first thought was the Chapters on King, just south of the small Connestoga campus there. It has the usual Starbucks (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) So it's kinda sounding like if we want you in the mix, it's tonite or nothing. That works for me... I just need to know where to go and when. (coffee time rather than dinner sounds fine, except I may have to jet at 10 PM for a conference call, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) This DoS attack appears to be everywhere right now--Laidlaw is getting some adverse networking stuff happening as we speak. Perhaps a new virus is in the mix, which is great (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Hey Larry, Did we not see you like two weeks ago? ;) I'm just getting caught up on the posts for the past few days.... I cannot make tonight, but is any one intrested in trucking down Wednesday or Thursday night to beat up (errr... Bug... ok, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) impassable. I expect I can find it even without that spiffy map, I'm sure the locals know where the Chapters is. 1 - this is the footnote that Allan forgot to include. If it were a real footnote it would have said something important, profound (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Excellent. I'll aim to be there as soon as I can, but realistically it might not be until near 7. (...) Actually, the map link was the footnote, just not noted properly. :) Allan (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Maybe... it was kind of a blur... :-) (...) Something's happening tonite already, I think, but I am not at all averse to more than one get together this week. I can come that way some, I don't mind. (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) It was sounding like Dave was only available tonight, so I made an executive decision... which is very unlike me, but hey why not? Unless everyone wants to be mean to Dave and switch it to another night, is tonight o.k. with anyone interested (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) If Jeff VW can organize the rtlToronto Posse for tomorrow and/or thursday night, and if you, Allan, want to tag along with the majority, by all means! No worries here. At the rate the issues are piling up on my desk, tonight's looking rather (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) So far the Posse is Little old me! Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) rtlToronto posse: Here is your challenge, should you accept it... If someone on that end can make at least tentative plans for Wed or Thurs night, then I'm fine with moving it also. However, if not, I think we should keep tonight open and just (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Unfortunately I don't have any free evening this week. Hopefully another time. Have fun, Derek (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) Dave, its no big deal. Larry's Ok. nothing to write home about. a train guy. and we all know what train guys are like. oh man..... oops. did this get posted.... geesh. Uhh I mean Larry's a fine guy. Just keep him away from the ladies. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

(...) I hear train guys do it as smooth as rails... K, that wasn't nearly as good as I hoped. Btw, we just got hit with SoBig F virus. I tell people and I tell people and I tell people to not open attachments if they're unsure. "But it said (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coming to Waterloo!

Quote of the millenium-- "Will last week ever end?" Voyager had the 'Year from Hell"... We're experiencing the "Week from Heck!" Or as Sports Night would say, "Call me when the week that wouldn't end ends" Our charters DB is now corrupt--all (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  On the road to Waterloo (Re: Coming to Waterloo!)

(...) I'm on my way to Waterloo shortly. Hopefully someone will come by and have a coffee with me. Though I am entirely capable of carrying on a conversation by myself.... oops, was that my outside voice? Hope to see you soon, Allan B. (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: On the road to Waterloo (Re: Coming to Waterloo!)

(...) Indeed you are! And even with others as well. Allan and I had a really great time... the rest of you missed out. There's always the rest of the week, though. ++Lar (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: On the road to Waterloo (Re: Coming to Waterloo!)

(...) A wonderful conversation. It was great to finally meet you Larry! (...) Appearing nightly in Waterloo... Larry P. and his travelling story telling machine! Oh, and what surprised me the most was that Larry and I talked for nearly 3 hours and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)