 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8548
Re: Coming to Waterloo!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:13:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:

I'll be here all week if all goes according to plan. I'm driving home Friday
nite. So ya! I hope we can muster a few other folks too...

I'm likely available any evening, but as mentioned probably wouldn't be able to
arrive in Waterloo until after supper.

Anyone else want to jump in with an idea for where and when to meet?

Any chance for a get together? Drop me a note or post here, I'll be watching.
(I'll check via dial in assuming I can suss out how to dial in, never used
EarthLink in Canada yet, or from work...)

You're expecting to find an internet connection?  You do realize our fiber lines
here are nothing but millions of clear 1x1 round bricks pushed together really
really tight.  ;)

Well clearly that's a super boffo cool technology... because I'm riding the
light as we speak!

Yes and it has built in redundancy.  When the power goes out you just tap your
messages onto the line in Morse Code using a brick separator.

I'm in my hotel (Best Western on the N side of town) and plugged into the
hotel's high speed internet connection as I type this.

Are you anywhere near the Connestoga campus on King St N.?

Allan B.