 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6471
Re: Hmm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:54:54 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message

Do it! Although red beams may be getting a bit scarce - I just bought over
200...

What on Earth would you want with 200 red beams?  Are you up to something?
:)

Yeah thats gonna be tricky, but maybe just have a link from the base
attached with a turntable?

Not quite sure I follow...

Maybe have power in the tower (hey that rhymes!) and a switch operated • from
below by vertical movement? You could possibly do the jump like that too,
but it may be a bit harder. Or even a RCX in the tower, controlled by • infra
red from another RCX (or remote control?) on the ground??

Puting the RCX on the upper part of the machine is not possible, that
wouldn't look good at all.

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/Imgp1159.jpg

That shows a temporary setup for testing the speed of the hub drive.

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/Imgp1170.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/Imgp1172.jpg

The last two show what I came up with for the hexagonal drive hub.  The
second with the retaining ring removed.

    Iain