 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6468
Re: Hmm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:10:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

UGH how do you people BUILD NICE THINGS!!!  This is making me cross.  Do • I
have to buy 700 copies of EACH SET???

I hear you. Its tough to get enough Lego to build big things that are colour
coordinated. Especially with technic, since studded beams have been
virtually discontinued.

Maybe I could try that Brickbay thing?  I've seen it before but never really
looked into how it works...

Yes, Bricklink is a great way to get specific parts you need. But be
careful... its addictive :) Or if you want more beams, you could try
ordering from Spectrum. They have packages of beams in blue and red.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do
the lifting cylinder in the middle, and get power to the gondolas
(micromotor for drive).

I can lend you the slip ring I built. It fits nicely in the center of a
turntable and you can power two motors through it. Unfortunately it won't
leave room for a pneumatic hose if thats how you want to do the lifting. Oh
yeah, and if you want to borrow two micromotors, just let me know. I rarely
use them.

Rob