 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6470
Re: Hmm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:22:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

Maybe I could try that Brickbay thing?  I've seen it before but never really
looked into how it works...

Do it! Although red beams may be getting a bit scarce - I just bought over
200...

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do
the lifting cylinder in the middle,

Yeah thats gonna be tricky, but maybe just have a link from the base
attached with a turntable?

and get power to the gondolas
(micromotor for drive).

Maybe have power in the tower (hey that rhymes!) and a switch operated from
below by vertical movement? You could possibly do the jump like that too,
but it may be a bit harder. Or even a RCX in the tower, controlled by infra
red from another RCX (or remote control?) on the ground??

ROSCO