 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6354
Re: What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

I think so, too!  The step width has to be slightly over half the diameter
of the part being picked up - that's so that any bunching up or clogs fall
over the edge leting only one part continue up.

OH, I see, your thought is to carry the axle vertically?  no that cant work cause
you have axle length from 2 - 12 units.

Right, you make the step at least 12 units wide, and since the axles are
laying on their side in the bin, they'll... this is confusing to try and
describe in words.

my thought was to make a step 12 units wide this would carry all lengths up..

Yeah, thats what I meant too :)

humm
this would not solve how to deal with 6 #2's or 3 #4's marching up on one step?

What normally happens is then at the top you have a horizontal conveyor that
whisks the parts in-line off to the side.  So that way you just run the
conveyor until a piece falls off, turn off conveyor.  When you want another
piece you turn it on again.  When there arent any left on the conveyor you
run the stepfeeder again.

http://www.pottstownpenguins.org/race/

you might like this....

Oh... my.

Are you trying to speak Olde Englishe?

no, I could not remember how to spell it... that why i put the (?) after it

That still doesn't make "were ate you located Aeir" a sentence.  :)

is that cause they are now your competition or cause you now make a GREAT product
that beats any of theirs hands down.

It's becuase we found a better servomotor and drive supplier.  :)  We just
bought the motors and drives.  Those are very difficult to make, so no we
don't make our own motors.

FANUC makes the big yellow articulateds everyone's surely familiar with;
they tried geting into the injection moulded plastics industry, but that
style of robot is waaaaaay overkill for what needs to be done.  It's not
very well accepted to put an aritulated on an IMM.

IE, why pay 500k for a FANUC articulated when you can buy a 50k linear robot
that does the exact same thing, only faster?  Perching an articulated on top
of a moulding machine doesn't make a lot of sense unless you've got some
really, really funky part that needs some funk to it.  And has to have a
funky move.

    Iain