 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6338
Re: What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:01:11 GMT

<snip>

thats cause the content is so media rich, it would be pointless to try to see
this GREAT page with anything other than high speed.

Calling rtlToronto media rich would be overstating it.  We have a lot of
pictures.

<snipp>

Calum

So never really looking at it before...

Sparky's Space has been 'alive' since '94, and at this exact second (as read
by webcounter) 29425 hits.

http://sparky.i989.net

The counter does not count consecutive hits from the same IP, so I can't
bump up my stats by visiting the site all the time.

I also started the counter at 1000 'cause, well, 1000 sounded better than 0.

Not alot considering the 8 years its been on the web.  It has moved from
Redeemer College University, where, in its humble beginning, it was a way
for me to learn HTML, to being hosted on Angelfire, Geocities and whatever
spare space I could find for free.  Thank goodness for DNStoGo!  I can host
it at home now :)

There are 6798 files at Sparky's Space, 161 are HTML docs, the rest (mostly)
are pictures.  Since I have a thumbnail linking to bigger pictures... let's
see... hmmm... that, plus that... carry the one... minus that... around 3200
pictures up at my little corner of the internet.

3200 pictures??????  That's a number I hadn't thought of before.  And 99.99
percent of those pics came from that DC120 of mine...

That ain't too shabby--love my camera :)

Boy can I ramble on...

COnsidering the whole thing is running on a Compaq Deskpro EN 6300 with 128
meg, and 2 HD's (C: = 1.2 gig = Win2K, web server software, D: = 1.2 Gig =
Web Page)

The site takes up 700 meg right now, so I'd better be looking for a bigger
hard drive soon.

Oh, btw, use Apache (can't remember version #, but is is one of the latest
iterations)--easy to set up and configure...

Enuf about me, how're you doing?

Dave K