 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6352
Re: What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:25:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

A stepfeeder!  Great idea.

you once talked about a rolling  feeder when i asked how real world
materials handling was done.    one day while pondering this in lego I
thought about step feeding.  I banged to gether a quick proof of
concept, then got called to dinner.

I think it could work.

I think so, too!  The step width has to be slightly over half the diameter
of the part being picked up - that's so that any bunching up or clogs fall
over the edge leting only one part continue up.

Sigh.  I can't find a url.

neither could I.  they exist, but it was just quicker to send the dog
URL.  I'll try to find you a penguin.

Penguins, aww :)

I wish MarineLand had penguins.  They're soooo cute!  I once considered
switching to Linux becuase of the penguin theme.  Little chubby penguin.  Aww...

We have dialup here, and that's over a network.
It's so slow.  But you know, it's the same thing, -puppies +penguins.

this cracks me up.

A fancy leading edge robotics materials company

-giggles-

:)

and you SHARE dial-up over a network.

We can't get high speed in Ayr!

were ate you located "Aeir" (sp) ??

Are you trying to speak Olde Englishe?

"Where for art thou located in thus Ayr?"  or some crap?

BTW on my drive to milton I drove passed a place called Fanuc Robotics.
who are they?

You're joking right?  They're only like, the world's largest robot company,
ever.  :)  We used to buy motors and drives from them for our robots (the
VMR3 you saw at PLAST-EX was using Fanuc motors and drives).  But not anymore.

    Iain