 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6336
Re: What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:17:18 GMT

MMmmmuuuu rtlToronto Snacks!!  (smack lips sound)

No, jeez.  Think this:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~marcus/ren_stimpy/FAQ7a.html

Because we are analyzing WHAT from our favourite webserver?  Right.

Logs?  :)

This provided me with an evening of entertainment:

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/bjork.shtml

(Well, or lunch break at the office, gasping and squealing among the cubes)

They're not unique visitors though.  Five thousand file requests.  SO if you
visit the rtlToronto home page, that's one request for the HTML, another for
the logo graphic, another for the etc...

It's hard to judge (although there are consultants and packages to do this)
how many individual visits we get.  We could use the root page HTML, but
that's only if they go to the front page.  We could also analyze IP and
statistical correlation between hits to other pages, referrer ID's etc and
get a better picture of traffic, but I just find it hard to give a care
about it.

I'm not sure how he did it, but I know Brandon (of http://www.coasters2k.com
) has a way to tell unique visitors.  It might be some PHP thing that he
programmed.  It's really neat!

how many of those are spiders?

Actually, quite a lot.  I can send you the details if you're bored.

I had a dream once about a spider that had pairs of lips for legs.

Calling rtlToronto media rich would be overstating it.  We have a lot of
pictures.

And I have a lot of *mental pictures*.  I paint with axions.

    Iain