 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5174
  rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

As noted in today's event, we've got a full schedule ahead for rtlToronto in the coming year. Here's up for discussion, debate etc. Start following up to this message. Robotics: ---...--- November 2002 or January 2003 rtlToronto12: "Vending (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

I've decided to go against every fiber of my being and not wait until the last minute before starting on the Vending Machines game. In tossing around some ideas I've come up with a few questions: In no particular order, here they are: 1) If one (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

Matt, Some good questions here. I'd add the following: a hospital or similar venue almost certainly has a contract to a vending machine operator. We'd be in violation of any such contract if we vend thing for cash. I'm not sold on the most-cash-wins (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

Matthias, I can answer some of these questions. (...) Legal..... I can safely say NO. if you built a slot machine then technically you would be breaking the gaming laws. THAT BEING SAID: this was going to be my idea. I was going to build a slot (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) BOTH!! every game we do is more than just building a robot. there is some strategy involved. With project X I made the choice to scan the board first then solve. others had to solve on the fly. This game should offer those same challenges. as (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) <snip> (...) All good ideas. But if we want to make $$ a scoring condition, we could eliminate a lot of cheesy approaches by scoring on *profit*. After all, you don't get anywhere in real life by vending product that costs more than you (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

You know, this is getting to be a bad habit, BUT, I agree with Chris. Overly complex rules and limits tend to stifle creativity and if there was one contest that calls for creativity, it's this one. We don't need to create rules to curb cheating, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

First, good luck at this weekends show. Once you have recovered, I was wondering if you had decided about participating in the 2003 NMRA annual convention? Last year at the last minute the Florida LTC tried to get TLG to subsidize transportation for (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

(...) Thanks Michel. Chris Leach of MichLTC/LUG asked us about this a while ago, and the truth is, I'm not really sure we're up to it. I asked our group if anyone was interested in spearheading this project, but I get any takers. (...) I think (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) Oooooh, I'm "core" now! Dave K -who is going over to the dark side of rtlToronto! "Robots??? We no need no stinkin' robots!!!" (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

(...) keep talking like that and you WONT BE CORE!!! we can revoke you membership (snap) like that! remember RTL stands for ROBOTS, trains, LEGO, Toronto!! Notice how the posts have "fallen" over the past week, its not because I've not been here. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

(...) Wow did that sound like Miss Othmar in Charlie Brown cartoons... Woh woh, woh woh woh... What? Can't understand you... You say something Chris? Something about robots or something...? Ahh, being one of those that enjoy *all* aspects of the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michel Magnan writes: <some *really* nifty ideas> While what you've sketched out is rather ambitious, and may be hard to coordinate successfully it would be REALLY cool if it happened! I for one would love to see it, it (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

(...) Hope it works out for you and your group Larry. If you're granted space, I'll definitly come out and have a boo! If there's anything else I can help with, let me know and I'll see if I can work it into my hectic schedule ;) Dave K (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)