 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4901
Re: Yes I am nuts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:00:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Thanks for asking.

But anyway I was thinking about train layouts.  The one thing about
every train layout is that it is just a simple loop.  So I was thinking
maybe its possible to do something different.  This may or may not be
practical, but its an idea we could consider just to do something different.

Pretty good, Derek.  I'd offer the following mod to it:

It uses one fewer modules, but eliminates the need for the odd one.

It also leaves room on either side of the track for switchyards, etc.

I'd been fiddling around with the idea of making a layout for the next
event, but my plan was to make a small, convoluted "core", and have
people who were absolutely sure to make it build and bring those
modules.  Then there'd be an 'extension loop' and possibly a yard area,
where anyone else who wished to come could insert their module.

This would allow us to make some pretty funky layouts, with room for
whatever crazy buildings or features the core builder wanted.

It requires a certain amount of organization and collaboration to set
up.  What do folks think?

Jeff E

If you plan it, they will come.

(at least, for sure, me!)